It truly takes a village to conquer cybersecurity in government. There is no one person, role, department, or even organization that can execute a flawless cybersecurity strategy all on their own.
The reality that gov faces is that cyberthreats are constantly growing in complexity and frequency, which means all agencies and all personnel need to be agile, adaptive and collaborative in how they approach their cyber strategies. What worked yesterday is not the solution for tomorrow’s cyberthreats.
And this is where the concept of the village comes in. Government employees need to lean on and learn from each other regarding cybersecurity. What can you learn from a colleague at a different agency that could be a viable, effective solution at your organization?
Symantec’s Cybersecurity Symposium, Smart Cyber: Complex Challenges, Bold Solutions, hosted in Washington, D.C. on Dec. 5, is a great opportunity to network, hear from and learn from some of the top thought leaders in the cyber landscape.
Here’s a quick rundown of who will be presenting at the symposium:
- Mark Asselin, Defense Intelligence Officer for Cyber Issues, Defense Intelligence Agency
- Benjamin Bergersen, CIO, U.S. Trade and Development Agency
- Christopher Brown, Deputy Director, NGA Cyber Security Operations Cell, National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
- Neil Carmichael, Jr., Director, Insider Threat Program, National Archives and Records Administration
- George Chambers, Executive Director of the Office of Enterprise Application Development and Information Technology Infrastructure, Department of Health and Human Services
- Michael Daniel, President, Cyber Threat Alliance
- Major General Donald P. Dunbar, Adjutant General, Wisconsin National
- Sue Gordon, Principal Deputy Director, Office of the Director of National Intelligence
- Sanjay Gupta, Chief Technology Officer, Small Business Administration
- Vance Hitch, Former CIO, Department of Justice
- Karen Jackson, Secretary of Technology for the Commonwealth of Virginia
- George J. Jakabcin, Chief Information Officer, Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA)
- Joe Kirschbaum, Director, Defense Capabilities and Management, Government Accountability Office
- Derek Larson, Deputy Director for Cybersecurity Performance, Office of Management and Budget
- Jeanette Manfra, Assistant Secretary, Office of Cybersecurity and Communications, Department of Homeland Security
- William E. Marion II, Deputy Chief, Information Dominance and Deputy Chief Information Officer, U.S. Air Force
- Terry McAuliffe, Governor of Virginia (Former Chairman of the National Governors Association)
- John B. McCaffrey, Chief Information Officer, Westchester County Government
- Joshua Moses, Director, Cybersecurity Performance and Risk Management, Office of Management and Budget, Executive Office of the President
- Robert O’Connor, CISSP, Chief Information Security Officer, Maricopa County
- Darryl Peek, Director of Digital Innovation and Solutions, Department of Homeland Security
- Grant Schneider, Acting Federal CISO and Senior Director for Cybersecurity, National Security Council
- Michael Seage, Director for the Defense Insider Threat Management and Analysis Center, Defense Security Service
- Roisin Suver, Senior Liaison to the Department of Homeland Security’s National Cybersecurity & Communications Integration Center, Center for Internet Security’s Multi‐State Information Sharing and Analysis Center (MS‐ISAC)
- Chris Townsend, Vice President, Federal, Symantec
- Rod Turk, Acting Chief Information Officer and Chief Information Security Officer, Department of Commerce
- Archana Vemulapalli, Chief Technology Officer, The Government of the District of Columbia
- Randy Vickers, Chief Information Security Officer, U.S. House of Representatives
- Robert L. Strayer, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Cyber and International Communications and Information Policy, Department of State
Together, gov can tackle critical issues in cybersecurity. GovLoop community members are invited to register at a discounted rate, and can register here now: https://www.symantecgovsymposium.com/register/?campaign=govloop
To register, pre-arrange interviews with Symantec spokespeople, or for more information, please contact Taylor Fincik at firstname.lastname@example.org or (703) 883-9000 ext. 130.